Monday, October 31

An Epihany I Guess...

So this my goal was to more of an idea of what I wanted to do in college. A few years ago I started a photography workbook. It took me 2 1/2 yrs to fin since there were 3 books. Anyway, believe it or not, I got bored with photography.  I think part of that reason was because I didn't really any inspiration or creativity. So a few months went by like that. When I had photography competitions I didn't really get into till I came up with a good idea. Well now prob back in December last year, I started to follow some photography blogs and got to work with two professional photographers. As I worked alongside the professionals, I started to their passion for capturing moments. One of those photographers eventually became my mentor, but she was diagnosed with a rare kind of breast cancer, so I didn't get to work much with her after that. (She's fine now went through all of her chemo treatments and all) I started to work with the other photographer and saw her joy. I soon realized that I just couldn't sit without taking some kind of camera with me everywhere I went. Now you're prob wondering what on earth this had to do with college. I shall tell you. Ever since I thought about college I had no clue what I would be interested in doing for degrees, minors, majors, yatta yatta. So this year I came to the conclusion that I want to minor in photography when I go to college. To some of you that may seem like ok whatever, but to me that was a big step. I've actually made a step closer as to figuring out who I want to grow into and what God is asking me to become. I thought this would be an interesting story for ya peeps so there you go.




For all of you that are clueless about degrees, I'm just letting you know, you aren't alone. Keep finding your passion and ask yourself do you truly love doing this? Could you see yourself doing whatever it is for a couple hours everyday? Don't rush life, but keep and open mind.

That's all I have to say. :)  Thanks for listening.

~Selina~
P.S. Don't forget to check out my giveaway that going on right now.

6 comments:

  1. this was good! i've been struggling with college decisions, too. it's always good to be able to relate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cubette! I've been realizing that most of my posts aren't very personal, they're just basically statements in my life that I've made. So I just wanted to share something with everyone. :) I'm glad you liked reading this post.
    ~Selina~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I think you'd make a great photographer! Congrats on making that decision in your life! Your post is so inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Glad I gave you some inspiration. :)
    ~Selina~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh!! that kitten is WAY too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I got to foster her and her brother for 2-3wks this past summer. They were so adorable!
    ~Selina~

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask questions, I will get back to you as soon as I can!
Thanks for being an awesome follower and commenting. :D