Sunday, November 6

Quote Time!

Don't you just LOVE quotes? I do! :D Here are a few I came across a few days ago.


"The future belongs to those who believe
in the beauty of their dreams"

- Eleanor Roosevelt

”We either make ourselves miserable,
or we make ourselves strong.
The amount of work is the same.”

- Carlos Castaneda  

“It’s not who you are that holds you back,
 it’s who you think you are.”

- Author Unknown ( Love this one!)

“Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to be over,
it’s about learning how to dance in the rain.”

- Author Unknown  

"I do not try to dance better than anyone else.
I only try to dance better than myself."

- Mikhail Baryshnikov

“Great dancers are not great because of their technique,
they are great because of their passion.”

- Martha Graham (This I believe is absolutely true!)

"To watch us dance is to hear our hearts speak."

- Hopi Indian Saying (I also believe this quote.)

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat, your breathing.
It's the rhythm of your life.
It's the expression in time and movement,
in happiness, joy, sadness and envy."

- Jaques D'ambroise

“Dancing with the feet is one thing,
but dancing with the heart is another.”

- Author Unknown (This is true)

"Dance - an art form. The body - an instrument.
Learn to play the instrument and master the art form."

- Debbie Dee

"To touch, to move, to inspire. This is the true gift of dance."

- Aubrey Lynch (I think this is a great quote because this is really what dance should be about. That's just my opinion, you may not agree.)


So, if you didn't already understand the theme of the whole post, it was all about dance or a dancer. I found these quotes, and just fell in love with them. When I read them, they inspired me, or jogged my memory of how I felt when I danced. I just wanted to share that with all of you. 
Who's loving the time change? I know I am! Well, I got to get back to studying. I'll post about my photography workshop later on this week. Also, keep an eye out for the photography/fashion challenge. 
Night peeps!
~Selina~

2 comments:

  1. Cute blog! I know you are a follower of mine but I just found your blog! I love all these dance quotes, especially since I'm a dancer too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Paige! Thanks for following! Yes, I love reading your blog. Plus, I found some really neat blogs thorough yours. :) I'm glad you liked these quotes. Don't they just make you smile and think dance is one of the greatest things in the world??
    ~Selina~

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to ask questions, I will get back to you as soon as I can!
Thanks for being an awesome follower and commenting. :D