Sunday, March 11

Galaxy nail art.

So this was my Guest post on Hannah's blog. HOpe you enjoy it!



video

The nail art design I'm about to show is the galaxy. This is the first time I have ever done this design before. I hope you will enjoy it!

Supplies you will need.

  • Tweezers
  • Toothpicks
  • white, yellow, dark blue, black, and pink nail polish. 
  • nail polish remover 
  • makeup sponge 
  • paper plate
Preparation steps:
You will need to turn your tooth pick into a dotting tool.

Here is how:
Dip your toothpick into the white nail polish and rotate till its dry keep doing this till you have a hard dot at the end of your toothpick.

Next, you need to rip your makeup sponge into small tiny pieces. Smaller than your pinky finger. You should have at least 5 of those ripped.

This is an important step. Before you start to dab any colors to your nails make sure you pour a lil bit of the nail polish on a paper plate. That way all you have to do is dab the sponge in the color then onto your nails.  Please remember that you are in a way blending the colors so you have to work quickly. It should take you about 10min max to paint your nails.

Step 1: Paint a base coat on your nails, and then add 1 or 2 coats of black nail polish afterwards. Let it dry.

Step 2:   After the black is dried, you will grab one of your small pieces of sponge, and dab it into the white from the paper plate, then dab a diagonal line on each of your fingers.
 

Step 3: You will repeat step 2 with the color yellow next, but the yellow will go over the white. As you add more colors to the nail make sure you dab it lightly each time.


Step 4: Repeat step 3 only with the color pink, only this time keep the pink close to the yellow. So it doesn't have to be right over but around the yellow.


Step 5: Repeat the same step with blue, only you add the dark blue to the edge of the galaxy colors.


Step 6: Using your dotting tool (the toothpick), dip it into the white nail polish bottle, and add little white dots all over the nail designs. These are the stars. 

Step 7: To make sure your nail art is safe for at least 10 days, add a protective clear top coat to the design.

If you were to do this on your toes, I only did the galaxy on my big toes. For the rest, I added a silver glitter nail polish to make it look like stars.




I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at spike95dancer@gmail.com

OR...

leave a comment on my blog.
Here is the link. http://selina-capturingeverydaybeauty.blogspot.com/







To know more about me, check out my about me page on my blog.
I hope you have a wonderful day!
Much Love,
~Selina~


So yeah, that was my guest post for her. I'll be doing a guest post for Stephi on the 25th.
~Selina~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to ask questions, I will get back to you as soon as I can!
Thanks for being an awesome follower and commenting. :D